Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Could I make it as a professional MMA fighter with this training?

I've never trained in anything in my life. I've only gone off with what I've seen in movies and what I learn off YouTube and such. I started an organized fighting group a little over a year ago and I started practicing and sparring with my friends. I'm able to beat a friend of mine who's had years of Tae Kwon Doe training and boxing as well. I've wrestled some friends who do high school wrestling and beaten them. I've learned how to strike better and coordinate better, taught myself submissions and grapples and such. I'm a really fast learner, but I've never had any prior training. I'm also the second smallest guy in the group.



I'm about 5'6'; and I weigh 150 lbs.

I'm in weight training and I'm constantly trying to get stronger.

I've knocked out a few people before, but I've never been knocked out myself.

I've submitted people more than I have knocked out, and most of my losses are by submissions, I'm still learning defending on the ground better.



I just wanna know if it'd be possible to become a professional MMA fighter with no prior training.Could I make it as a professional MMA fighter with this training?
Yep as long as you can win in your bouts you can do it but get some kind of structured curriculum to base your maneuvers off of like your ground game is based off of Gracie Jiu-jitsu DVDs (that is how Evan Tanner learned his submissions) and your striking is based off of some Muay Thai DVDs (like how Dustin Hazellett did)Could I make it as a professional MMA fighter with this training?
No matter how fast you learn from videos and from beating on your friends (both methods I enjoy myself) there is NO substitute for a highly trained instructor. If you can find a local Krav Maga/Muay Thai instructor and can even see them once a week you will see noted improvement.



We have a saying ';Practice makes Permanent'; meaning if your doing something wrong and you will always do it wrong... and unlearning bad habits isnt easy..



CAN you become a pro MMA fighter with no prior training? umm Kimbo... yeah you CAN but eventually your going to want to train with a good instructor.
Yes... People do it all of the time. They go into some unnamed event and they usually lose. Some may win once or twice then lose rest of the fight.



If you want to be a good fighter with a good record, then you'd need a good instructor and teammate.
No.
Yeah sure. It doesn't take 12 black belts to be an MMA fighter. however self taught stuff is never reliable. You need to take a couple years (maybe less) and just try to learn some basic BJJ, boxing, techniques, tactics, kicks, etc.. From a good instructor/MMA fighter. But the attitude and passion is most important. Good luck.
Yes...............HOWEVER. If this is something your serious about, and you truly do what you sauy you do. Then I would strongly suggest getting involved with an actual MMA Gym, or start taking one of these to start... BJJ, KB, Boxing, Wrestling. I would not suggest Muay Thai as you are alittle shorter then what they like to train with.



Seriously. MMA is no joke and if you get in the cage tio fight and are not prepared you could get seriously hurt.



Best of luck my friend.
No, if you went in at the level you are now you might last through the first round but I have my doubts. There are just too many people who have the training you lack. You may be a fast learner but that isn't enough. You might be very talented but you actually have to be in a place where you can learn the skills you need and that comes with rolling or doing stand-up with individuals who actually have some idea what they are doing.



Just get to a MMA gym and pick up the skills you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment