Thursday, October 21, 2010

I have a guitar with a buzz that seems like a ground. How do I remove it?

It a 300 dollar guitar if that helps, brand new. I have tested this guitar on 3 different amps, (1 tube, 2 solid state) and the guitar only stops making noise when I touch it. (Anywhere metal, including the tuning knobs) Again 3 amps %26amp; diffent part of the house, different wires, no pedals or effects. I have tried everything. Its the guitar and its in the electronics.



I do not have the option of taking this to get looked at, (I wouldn't be posting this here if I did) I have no money. I have also looked at websites like guitar project, ect and they don鈥檛 talk about simple ground-hum issues. I think it a volume/pot/ground. Is this simple? Any other suggestions, besides the obvious, I changed the cords, the socket, the power supply, lights, different house, etc.



Again, the sound goes away when I touch anything metal on the guitar. Can semi-handy guy ground this thing with common household tools? Or let me know what to buy semi cheap. Thanks in advance to all.I have a guitar with a buzz that seems like a ground. How do I remove it?
That sounds like perhaps a reverse neutral/hot problem. Have You tried different electrical outlets? Lots of times, especially on older homes the neutral wire and hot wire from the electrical source are reversed. Also the amps, (older) do not have polarized cord plugs. Try rotating the ac cord 180 degrees. It is a simple polarization problem. My Fender amp had the same issues - took Me a bit to figure it out!I have a guitar with a buzz that seems like a ground. How do I remove it?
Try this website:



www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/
reversed polarity or faulty ground wire, could also be a appliance plug in on the same line,clock,dimmer light etc..
I have a simple suggestion that might work, it may sound stupid, but worth trying. You can try tying a piece of thin copper wire probably 20 gauge, to the metal part of the guitar and tie the other end to your wrist to ground the static current.
Mine does that too. It's because of the pickups. Are your's the stock pickups? If so they aren't the best quality, I'd save up for a new set, aim for ';Noiseless Pickups';. Sorry, but there isn't much else you can do, other than keep your hand on while it's on.
  • cheap web host
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment